WynBay LLEN appreciates the important role business and industry can play in assisting WynBay LLEN and education providers improve participation, engagement, attainment and transition outcomes for young people.
In relation to business and industry the WynBay LLEN as partnership broker presently:
- maintains regular contact with business and industry including local, regional and, where appropriate, national employers;
- maximises relationships with industries affected by local skills shortages and with those identified as priority industries in Victoria;
- influences decision makers within an industry sector and broker partnerships which deliver benefits to young people and employers;
- looks for opportunities to develop relationships with employer groups and peak bodies which have the capacity to influence their members at a local level and expand successful partnership models across the LLEN area.
› Click here to become a member.
Benefits for Business and Industry Working with WynBay LLEN
- Enhanced profile through creating relationships with local educational institutions;
- Influence delivery and content of training courses;
- Contribute to skilling-up young people in areas where there are specific skill shortages;
- Improved public perception with visible demonstration of business values;
- Easier recruitment, as well as having access to a better informed pool of potential employees;
- Experience for staff involved in training and mentoring a young person, improved staff morale;
- Be recognised within the community as a “Learning Business”: responsive and progressive.
How to Get Involved?
There are many ways to get involved, you can:
- Host industry visits to education professionals;
- Provide course content advise when new courses are being considered;
- Provide industry specific information on skill shortages;
- Become a member of WynBay LLEN;
- Participate in WynBay LLEN initiatives.
The door at WynBay LLEN is always open to assist you in developing an ongoing relationship with education providers or to hear suggestions you may have for improving future opportunities for the youth of Hobsons Bay and Wyndham regions.