WynBay LLEN recognises the pivotal role that parents and families play in supporting young people during their educational and developmental years.
In relation to parents and families WynBay LLEN as the partnership broker:
- maintains regular contact with local parent and family groups;
- builds partnerships that enhance the capacity of parents and families to support young people to engage in education or training and make informed decisions about their future;
- looks for opportunities to develop relationships with peak local parent and family associations and other groups representative of parents and families.
Partnerships brokered by WynBay LLEN encompass a special focus on helping parents, families and the community directly support young people to succeed in their education, training and personal development, career choices and transitions. This includes supporting parents and families to:
- make links between learning and career aspirations;
- be better informed about a diverse range of education, training and employment options;
- enhance their capacity to confidently and effectively engage in education, training and career decision making;
- support learning inside and outside the classroom;
- support the young people in their families to engage or re-engage with education and training;
- access supportive networks and services in order to help their children to pursue chosen directions.
› Click here to become a member.
Youth Services Directory Websites
The Youth Services Directory websites allow young people and parents & carers to access up-to-date information on all of the services available to young people within the › City of Wyndham and the › City of Hobsons Bay at a single point, including information on how to get in contact with each service, their location (including an interactive map), the service cost, and what it is that the service provides.