The WynBay LLEN is a network of members representing the four stakeholder groups:
- education and training providers;
- business and industry;
- parents and families; and
- community groups.
- Currently WynBay LLEN has around 300 members. The network is managed through a committee of management drawn from this membership.
Who Can Join?
- Membership is open to any individual or organisation with an interest in post compulsory education, training and employment in the geographic area covered by the LLEN;
- An organization may be represented in one organizational category only. An organization may only nominate one person to represent it as a member of the LLEN;
- Other staff may join as community members.
For employers, joining a LLEN can help you to:
- address skill shortages in your area;
- identify short- and long-term employment and training opportunities for 15–19 year olds that also fit your business needs;
- introduce young people to the types of roles available in your area, through work experience and mentoring programs;
- feed information back to education providers about skills you need in the future.
For education and training providers, joining a LLEN can help you to target your programs to real needs in the community.
For agencies, joining a LLEN can help you to more effectively deliver your programs by working with employers and industry, and education and training providers, on program delivery and policy development.
For individuals, joining a LLEN can allow you to contribute to local programs for young people.
Joining a LLEN can make a difference to your community and individuals by contributing positively to a young person’s life.
Categories of Membership of the LLEN
|Category No||Membership Category|
|2||TAFE Institutes or Universities with TAFE Sectors|
|4||Other Education and Training Organisations including Private Registered Training Organisations, Universities and Group Training Companies|
|6||Employers/Peak Employer Organisations/Regional Employer Organisations and Employment Agencies|
|8||Other Community Agencies and Organisations, Commonwealth and State Government Departments, School Focussed Youth Service, Adult, Community and Further Education Regional Councils, Regional Youth Councils, Area Consultative Committees, Parent Organisations etc|
|9||Koori Organisations, Peak Koorie Agencies and Regional Koorie Organisations|
|11||Nominated by the Committee who shall be a Community Member or a Person Associated with an Organisational Member|